COVID-19 UPDATED STUDIO POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
At Fleetwood Dance Center, the safety of our students, faculty, and staff is our number one concern. We are navigating this very carefully, and realize that policies and procedures might change weekly. Parents of registered students should check their Jackrabbit parent portal weekly for updates.
- In an effort to provide everyone with options during this time, we are offering several Hybrid Classes, where dancers can choose to take their class either in-person or virtually from home (via the zoom platform). The virtual option provides dancers with a live stream from the studio of their class. Dancers can see their classmates and teachers, and keep on top of what their class is learning from the safety of their homes. Refer to our FAQ page, or contact us directly for more information.
- To improve the air quality in our studios, a brand new high-flow HEPA filtration system has been professionally installed on each of our three heating/air conditioning systems. Our new industrial-grade HEPA filter units were designed for, and are capable of removing respirable particles from the air inside our building.
- Dancers are NOT permitted to participate at the dance center if they have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have exhibited any symptoms of COVID-19, or had contact with a person that has or is suspected to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- You will receive an email containing our procedures, and a link to our online waiver. Every week, each dancer must have a completed online waiver on file prior to entering the studio. Dancers who do not have a current weekly waiver filed will not be permitted to participate at Fleetwood.
- Dancers will have their temperatures taken and recorded at drop off (outside the entrance to the dance studio) everyday. They will also be screened for cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, or at least two of the following symptoms: chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste and smell.
- Once dancers have been screened, they will enter the dance center and the teacher will take them to their classroom.
- Parents, please arrive 15 minutes before your dancer’s class ends and wait outside the dance center sidewalk area. We will bring your dancer to you.
- Parents are required to remain outside the dance center while dropping off or picking up their dancer.
- We will be implementing social distancing practices during our class time.
- Dancers will be asked to wash their hands between each class, and use hand sanitizer during classes.
- Fleetwood Dance Center staff will be sanitizing the facility, equipment, and bathrooms throughout each day.
- Fleetwood Dance Center will not be providing masks for each dancer. If you prefer that your dancer wears masks while at Fleetwood, please supply them from home. We will do our best to ensure that your child uses their mask properly while at the dance center. Note: Perspiration can cause a mask to become wet. Students who wear masks while dancing should bring spare masks with them. For maximum effectiveness, and to prevent breathing problems, wet masks should be replaced with a dry mask per CDC recommendations.
- Dancers may not congregate in dressing rooms, bathrooms, or the lobby due to social distancing concerns. A distance of six feet should be maintained at all times in the Dance Center.
- Students must bring their own water bottle with their name on it. Only water is allowed.
- No food or snacks may be brought into the dance center during classes at any time. No eating is ever allowed in the dance center. Please take all water bottles, bags, and any trash with you when you finish your classes each day.
- Please wear your dance attire to the dance center with a cover up over your leotards and tights.
- Minimize the number of extra shoes in your dance bag.